Broadcasting Policies and SponsorsBroadcasting Policies and Sponsors Needed in 2016 US Masters and NC Open
1. We understand how important it is to promote our chess activities to the Internet audience, and we will continue broadcasting our chess games LIVE during the tournament as we have done in previous years.
2. With the resources we have, we do our best to broadcast the top games. Thank you to the North Carolina Chess Association, Georgia Chess Association, Charlotte Chess Center, Triangle Chess Center, and American Chess Promotions for bringing their DGT boards to these tournaments.
3. During the 2016 tournament, we will broadcast the top 5 boards from the US Masters and the top 2 boards from the North Carolina Open.
4. Outside of the 7 top boards, we will still have several more DGT boards. We are looking for sponsors who would like to make them live boards by helping sponsor the tournaments. Please read points no. 8-11 for sponsorship information.
5. Even though it is not required by FIDE or USCF, all our live broadcasting will have 2-moves delay by default. The first move will be broadcast online only after the third move is made on the board, and so forth. This is a security measure, but will still make the live games enjoyable to watch.
6. We discourage any public chess engine analysis and discussion of live games while they are being played. If you analyze any live games using a chess engine, please make sure that it is only for your own personal use and if you are doing it at the tournament hotel, please do it in private place. If you are interested in providing live commentary, please let us know. After each game is completed, you are free to post the game with chess engine analysis to your blog or any social media.
7. We do not put our live PGN in a public URL where a website might relay our live games to a different website. If your website is interested in relaying our live games, either by live PGN or manual copy, please contact us to discuss the appropriate process. We can provide you our live PGN, but we still discourage any public chess engine analysis during a live game.
9. If the sponsoring party is a company or a website, we can put a small banner 345x55 pixels under the live game to link back to your website.
10. If there are any unsponsored DGT boards, we will put them up for a auction on each round. The highest bidders (Dutch auction if more than 1 board) will be the winners. Minimum bid is $1, maximum bid is $50 (first bid first serve if same amount of donation) for next round. Fund can be transferred by cash onsite, or Paypal payment after the round started. So, this is almost same as no.8 instead of sponsoring all rounds, you can sponsor a live board before every the round starts. For example after seeing the pairing, you see interesting match, you can make the pair on live board by sponsoring it. The minimum bid is only $1, and the bidding system is easy. Just provide name, phone and email, you can bid in the auction. We will not hold an auction for the NC Open for every round. The auction is only forthe US Masters.
11. We are still open to any sponsorship suggestions; please do not hesitate to contact us to help support this important national tournament.
2016 US Masters and North Carolina Open organizer, Greensboro, NC